Re: Questions about gnome-mag + orca

Hi Aurelian:

There may be a number of things going on there. To get things working as good as possible with gnome-mag, I think you currently need to have the following (Carlos will correct me if I'm wrong, I hope!):

1) COMPOSITE enabled in the X server. Since it seems as though you might be using Compiz with the eZoom plugin, I'm guessing this is the case.

2) gnome-mag needs to become the COMPOSITE manager. If you are using Compiz, then gnome-mag may not be able to do so. If this is the case, you should try using metacity.

3) Orca should be using gnome-mag in full screen mode. This can be done in the "Magnification" tab of the Orca preferences GUI.

Having said all that, we have a task for "GNOME Outreach Program: Accessibility" for someone to get paid to help take the magnification solution beyond where we are now. If someone is interested in this, please let us know!

Will

Aurelian Radu wrote:
Thank you, Carlos. I am replying to your email using compiz-fusion (the CPU usage barely reaches 3-4%. It would be great if gnome-mag were as easy on the CPU.

When you say that the algorithm can be calculated in the GPU, you mean there is a setting I can change to do that, or is this a feature that needs to be implemented?

Thank you,

Aurelian