Questions about gnome-mag + orca

Hello list,

Firstly, I'd like to thank the developers of gnome-mag and orca for the significant improvements in the area of magnification. The great orca developers listened to my suggestion and created the option to have the cursor centered while editing and navigating. Kudoz !

Now I have a few questions:
My desktop has an AMD Athlon64 single-core (1.8 GHz) and the CPU soars to 100% when I move the mouse. Is this a bug or a limitation? I'm planning on buying a notebook with a Core 2 Duo (T7250 or better) Would this more powerful CPU still soar to 100%? Will it affect heat and battery life?

I now have an NVIDIA GF 6600 GT. Would gnome-mag run smoothly on Intel GMA X3100 or NVIDIA 8400 GS?

Thanks for taking the tine to read this,

Aurelian