Re: AT-SPI Dependencies

Hi Yannick,

Yannick PLASSIARD 写道:
> Hi here,
> 	I was thinking about AT-SPI several days ago and would like to
> ask :
> - Which packages or libraries AT-SPI depends on ?

atk, gtk+, gail (now in gtk+), libbonobo.

> - Do you think that it would be possible to make a console-application
> use AT-SPI for a better accessibility, without making itself depend on
> the whole Gnome project?

I don't think we can because of the dependency of libbonobo. Another problem is most ATs running upon at-spi depend on GNOME.

> - Are there any plans on making AT-SPI independant from all other
> things, to let it be used in Gnome, KDE, or even into console
> applications ?
> - And finally, what should be done to make all of this happen?

Yes, we need another message system as a replacement of libbonobo/ORBit, probably D-Bus. But your application would need to depend on it.

Regards,
Li