Re: [orca-list] Evince accessibility (was Re: sayAll command not working in adobe reader)

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 11:54:49AM -0400, Willie Walker wrote:
> I looked at the gnupdf page (thanks Jason), and I don't see any
> reference to GTK+ or ATK, so I suspect it will be inaccessible unless
> someone jumps in to help them.

I don't think it is meant to provide a user interface in itself, though I may
be wrong. However, it does need to support tagged PDF if any user interface
built with it is to support proper accessibility.

There is also a possibility that it may provide rendering functionality. As an
attempt to implement PDF 1.7, I expect it is likely to form the basis of
future PDF reading applications under Linux and other free/open-source
operating systems.