    *From: *Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org>
    *Date: *July 27, 2008 6:34:09 PM EDT
    *To: *desktop-devel-list gnome org
    *Subject: Proposed external dependency: PolicyKit & PolicyKit-gnome
    *
    Homepage: http://hal.freedesktop.org/docs/PolicyKit/
    Proposal on d-d-l:
    http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2008-May/msg00013.html

    License: LGPLv2 or later (I believe)

    Short description:
    ==================
    PolicyKit is an application-level toolkit for defining and
    handling the
    policy that allows unprivileged processes to speak to privileged
    processes: It is a framework for centralizing the decision making
    process with respect to granting access to privileged operations for
    unprivileged applications. PolicyKit is specifically targeting
    applications in rich desktop environments on multi-user UNIX-like
    operating systems. It does not imply or rely on any exotic kernel
    features.

    PolicyKit-gnome offers GNOME integration by making it easy to
    write UI
    for all this.

    Summary so far:
    + a few +1
    + already used optionnally in a few modules
    + PolicyKit-gnome will likely be proposed for inclusion in the
    desktop
    in 2.26

    Vincent

-- Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.