Re: Triggering gnome screen-saver timeout from console keypresses?

Hi.  I'm difinitely no expert, but I'll try to answer.
The answer to question 1 is no.  The keyboard is handled differently in the Xsession and the console.
Most ORca users just disable the screen saver and lock the computer manually when needed.
You can do the same by going to system preferences screensaver.  Just uncheck the activate screensaver checkbox.

          Kenny