Re: Nokia to fund D-Bus based accessibility

> Janina Sajka wrote:
> > May I suggest we take an upcoming Open A11y teleconference to discuss
> > how best to engage the community as this migration moves forward? What
> > do you think?
>
> Sounds good to me.
>
> > I suspect we have topics to consider:
> >
> > *	What apps need to be rewritten that will not be covered by
> > *	CodeThink, e.g. gnome-speech, py-atspi, what else? How do we
> > *	move these in parallel?
>
> Well, I'd say its a little premature to rush to get a lot done in
> parallel until we have the core of the work up and running. I expect we
> will be covering pyatspi's interface as an aim is to have dogtail working.
>
> Once the core is working and tested, it might make sense for someone to
> start on a cspi api-compatible interface, or porting applications using
> cspi (GOK and Dasher spring to mind) to the new native c AT interface.
>
> > *	How to test on small devices--Marc's offer sounds valuable as an
> > *	embedded test platform at the very least that can take us toward
> > *	a11y on small and embedded devices.
> >
> > 	If you don't know his Icon device, look at http://levelstar.com
>
> Looks cool! We should be doing some testing on Nokia N810s ourselves. It
> would be cool to port Orca to the N810 and see how well it runs :)
About this point, there are a existing effort about testing using a11y
on the hildon/maemo stack (I point that because I saw a comment about
that it this list a long time ago):

http://hildon-test-aut.garage.maemo.org/

Although, of course, it is using the current CORBA/bonobo AT-SPI.

===
API (apinheiro igalia com)