Re: Nokia to fund D-Bus based accessibility

Janina Sajka wrote:
May I suggest we take an upcoming Open A11y teleconference to discuss
how best to engage the community as this migration moves forward? What
do you think?

Sounds good to me.

I suspect we have topics to consider:

*	What apps need to be rewritten that will not be covered by
*	CodeThink, e.g. gnome-speech, py-atspi, what else? How do we
*	move these in parallel?

Well, I'd say its a little premature to rush to get a lot done in parallel until we have the core of the work up and running. I expect we will be covering pyatspi's interface as an aim is to have dogtail working.

Once the core is working and tested, it might make sense for someone to start on a cspi api-compatible interface, or porting applications using cspi (GOK and Dasher spring to mind) to the new native c AT interface.

*	How to test on small devices--Marc's offer sounds valuable as an
*	embedded test platform at the very least that can take us toward
*	a11y on small and embedded devices.

	If you don't know his Icon device, look at http://levelstar.com

Looks cool! We should be doing some testing on Nokia N810s ourselves. It would be cool to port Orca to the N810 and see how well it runs :)

Again, to repeat, this is all quite a ways off yet!

Thanks,
Rob

*	How can we use this work to expand the community of a11y
*	developers in Gnome, KDE, Linux, etc.?

Thoughts? The calendar is open at the moment.

Janina

Marc Mulcahy writes:
Let's integrate it into the Icon.  We'll do what we can to get that effort
rolling.

Marc