Re: [Usability] Mousetweaks usability discussion

Jens Granseuer wrote:
> On 31.10.2007 14:54, Denis Washington wrote:
>> I have made a mockup that integrates Mousetweaks settings into the mouse
>> capplet:
>>
>> http://ultimum-projekt.de/mockups/mouse.html
>>
>> I hope I haven't forgotten everything. Comments?
>
> You forgot to tell that you've made a mockup for keyboard, too:
>
> http://ultimum-projekt.de/mockups/keyboard.html
>
> And I think I'm in love. ;-)
>
> Seriously, I really like these mockups, and apart from a few minor
> easily fixable nitpicks, I think there is only one bigger issue
> (that Denis already mentioned): the Notifications window.
>
> But let's do it in order (CC'ing the MouseTweaks guys, too):
>
> MOUSE
>
> Mouse
>
> * Does it make sense to have a "Mouse" tab in the "Mouse
> capplet? I'd hope all the tabs in their are about the mouse.
> Maybe "General" would be better here (same for Keyboard).
>
> Accessibility
>
> * "Maybe we can remove the "enable mouse a11y" checkbox and
>   implicitly activate the mousetweaks daemon if one of the a11y
>   features is actually turned on?"

The 'master switch' of mousetweaks wasn't really necessary is already
gone in the latest version. It should now work exactly as described above.

> I hope we can get the MouseTweaks daemon merged with g-s-d.
> That would automatically make this box unnecessary. If that
> doesn't happen, I'd agree that activating it implicitly is
> the way to go (just like it's currently done with typing
> break, fwiw).

I'll try to write a basic g-s-d module over the next few days.
Currently the mt daemon is started with an autostart .desktop file
and will shut itself down if no features are activated. This isn't
a nice solution anyway.

Gerd