Re: [Usability] Discoverable off-screen window dragging

On Nov 29, 2007 8:00 PM, Matthew Nuzum <newz bearfruit org> wrote:
> 2.2.20 I think. I guess I'm not confident on how to tell what window manager
> I'm using. Metacity or compiz fusion, since I've not done anything to change
> that. It's Ubuntu 7.10 with effects enabled.

You can find out some details about which window manager you happen to
be running at the moment by running the two commands
  xprop -root | grep CHECK
  xprop -id $(xprop -root | grep CHECK | sed -e s#.*0x#0x#)
in a terminal.  Should work anywhere too, if you WM is EWMH compliant.
 There's also various rpm, dpkg, ps, etc. commands you could run,
assuming the window manager is running on the local machine.

However "with effects enabled" almost certainly means you're using
compiz.  You could file a bug with them.

Elijah