Re: what is AT-SPI ?

Gautam Ravi wrote:

Is AT-SPI a protocol ? or Daemon ? .. Is it very essential ?
Can I do without this?
Will my custom widget be accessible without this layer? or Should I also install this in to my system?
Your custom widgets will only be accessible when AT-SPI is running, but your widgets will work as normal without it. AT-SPI is generally only run by those who need assistive technology or people doing testing, and is turned on explicitly.

Are you doing this to provide access or some general-use automation?

Henrik