installing gnome with accessibility under CENTOS

Unfortunately my employer insists I use the CENTOS Linux
distribution (roughly a community build of redhat enterprise).
Nothing wrong with it in general except that it lags current releases
of many things by a long way, stability being a high priority.  Thus I
haven't managed to install the various gnome accessibility features
against the provided distributions because they fail too many
dependencies.  I just tried compiling everything from the svn snapshot
using jhbuild.  This also is proving pretty painful but that's maybe
because jhbuild had modulesets for gnome-2.16 and gnome-2.18 while, if
I understand, I want gnome-2.17 to track the current releases of orca
etc.  Is there an approach intermediate between getting an enabled
distribution and building everything from source?  An RTFM reply will
be perfectly acceptable if I've missed the reference.
thanks in advance
Peter

--
Peter Rayner: LSCE/IPSL, Laboratoire CEA-CNRS-UVSQ
address: Bat. 701 LSCE - CEA de Saclay