Re: Gnopernicus, Festival, VMware and getting it all working

George Kraft IV wrote:

> On Sun, 2006-03-26 at 10:53 -0500, Al Puzzuoli wrote:
>>
>> I  have also been testing with VMware, as well as real boxes, running
>> Fedora
>> 5, and the latest Ubuntu flight releases.
>> one interesting point is that I am seeing the exact same issue you are
>> experiencing with festival under VMware, and I am uncertain as to why
>> this
>> is the case.  I have not tried freTTs, but I have had good results in a
>> Fedora VM with both Software Dec, as well as TTSynth, formerly ViaVoice.
>> purchased a prerelease version of TTSynth a few months back from Capital
>> Accessibility.  The synthesizer itself works quite well and is very
>> responsive; However, I  am becoming concerned by a seeming lethargy on
>> the
>> part of IBM to actually roll out a release version.  The current
>> prerelease
>
> The "prerelease" is the status of how Capital Accessibility is
> repackaging IBM TTS 6.7.  :-)
>
> LSB specified RPM packages should be sufficient for anyone to install;
> however, I believe Capital Accessibility was considering deb packages
> for Debian.
>
>> package is only distributed as rpms, and it is fairly simple to get it up
>> and running on any RedHat based box.  However, I  have been unable to
>> obtain
>> any documentation as to how the synthesizer could be used under other
>> distros, such as Ubuntu.
>
> http://ibmtts-sdk.sourceforge.net/
>
> Please cross post any additional IBM TTS discussions to ibmtts-sdk-
> discuss lists sourceforge net
>
> --
>
> George (gk4)

im having issues installing ibmtts sdk

alexander linux:~/sdk$ make clean
Making clean in pyibmtts
make[1]: se ingresa al directorio `/home/alexander/sdk/pyibmtts'
python setup.py clean
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 17, in <module>
    from Pyrex.Distutils import build_ext
ImportError: No module named Pyrex.Distutils
make[1]: *** [clean] Error 1
make[1]: se sale del directorio `/home/alexander/sdk/pyibmtts'
make: *** [clean-recursive] Error 1

help pls