orca vs. gnopernicus

Hi let me introduce myself. I am Steve Murmann my father has macular degeneration and is reaching a point where he will be unable to use his computer . Currently he uses a windows screen reader just for e-mail but it requires him to navigate the desktop visually. This is becoming more and more difficult. I notice there are two options for linux gnopernicus and orca. What is the general consensus between the two.

thanks  steve