re: [gnopernicus on debian etch]

Hi Rylan:

The Orca that comes with Ubuntu should be pretty much unmodified.  In
addition, Orca v1.0.0 is now hot off the presses and should be showing
up soon in various distributions.  We've done the majority of our
development and testing on Solaris and Ubuntu.  Both of them provide a
relatively painless environment for Orca.  We've not done any testing
with Debian, so your mileage may vary.

You can run Orca from the command line via the "orca" command from a
command line prompt (e.g., GUI terminal window or virtual console).  If
you've never run Orca before, it will automatically enter set up mode,
and will also ensure that accessibility support is enabled.  Note that
if accessibility was not previously enabled in your environment, you
need to log out and log back in for your session to pick up the
accessibility settings.

Hope this helps,

Will
(Orca Project Lead)