Re: command or graphical update

Hi,
MICHAEL WEAVER wrote:
When I get Ubuntu on my desktop, should I do my updates via the command line with apt-get or use that popup thing that comes up when I loggin?

Well, most of the time I open gnome-terminal and use apt-get to add, remove, and update my Ubuntu system. However, if you have root enabled in gdm you can log directly in to root and run synaptic which is a graphical front-end for apt-get. Synaptic is a good tool for this stuff, but only is accessible ifyou are logged in as root.