Balsa and GPG

Not really sure where to ask this question, so I'll ask it here. I'm fairly new to the graphical environment and am trying out Balsa. But I can't get it to sign my messages. I was using Mutt, and it works fine for signing. But Balsa gives me an error message like

signing failed: gmime-gpgme: could not find a key for lorenzo taylor homelinux net

whenever I try to sign a message. I even set the "default key" in .gnupg/gpg.conf with no luck. Has anyone gotten this to work and can they please explain how they did it, since I can't even seem to find the answer through Google.

Thanks,
Lorenzo

--
I've always found anomalies to be very relaxing. It's a curse.
--Jadzia Dax: Star Trek Deep Space Nine (The Assignment)