Re: Ubuntu accessibility (mini) summit Nov. 5-10

Peter Korn wrote:

So, I would like to propose that we designate one day during the Ubuntu summit as an accessibility focus day. For purely selfish reasons, I'd like to suggest that day be Monday November 6th (since I'll be on a plane on the 7th). This isn't to prevent accessibility discussions from happening other days, but to encourage that many of them happen that day.

If there is general agreement on this we can certainly organise something to this effect within the framework of the overall event. And Monday seems like a good day.

If we can work out amongst ourselves what topics we would like to cover on that day and who will be participating we can feed this into the scheduler and get a day packed with accessibility topics. I'm sure several of these topics will need multiple sessions though, so it will be natural to continue the detailed implementation sessions later in the week.

I think it's important that we work within the schedule of UDS as much as possible so that other developers can join in. Most of those reading this will already know the value of accessibility, while it may be new to other UDS participants. The more of them we can include in talks the better. I'm hoping that a lot of the wider picture work was done at the Boston summit and that we can try to bring some of those conclusions to the wider development community at this event, in small sessions focused on concrete implementation plans.

To help get ourselves organised, I've made a table of participants here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Accessibility/UDS-MTV . Please add details about yourself if you are participating, either on-site or remotely.

Henrik