Re: Which programs are you using?

Bram,

I think that a list of the type you suggest is a great idea. I've been
keeping one of my own which I would like to share with you. I would also
like to help this community find a centralized place where we can store
this kind of information. The Gnome Accessibility Project webpage on the
developer.gnome.org site seems like one good possibility to me.

The following list is all of the email tasks which my team member Brette
and I were able to accomplish using accessibility interfaces (via
at-poke).

      * Check for new mail
      * Select a message to read
      * Read the message
      * Reply to the message
      * Forward a message
      * Download an attachment from a message
      * Delete a message
      * Send a message
      * Enter CC recipients
      * Attach a file to a message
      * Paste text in a message
      * Select a signature
      * Save a draft
      * Print a message
      * Search for a word in a message
      * Change the message mode to HTML from plaintext
      * Sign a message with PGP
      * Encrypt a message with PGP
      * Create an advanced query
      * Create a new email folder

The following (thankfully shorter!) list contains everything that we
weren't able to accomplish with our email using at-poke.
      * Create a new message
      * Spell check a message
      * Cut text in a message
      * Copy text in a message
      * Search addressbook for a recipient
      * Replace all instances of You with Thou in a message
      * Search the message list
      * Run the advanced query
      * Create a filter
      * Run a filter

I am sure that some variation is possible; maybe some of you terribly
clever AT users have figured out ways to accomplish some of the things
we failed with. I'd love to hear about your own efforts!

best wishes,
Anna Dirks