Re: [g-a-devel] Slow keys dialog

The sytem-wide StickyKeys is too inflexible for my needs.  I have the
following gripes:
  * A user might want the onscreen keyboard to be sticky but not the physical.

  * It allows me to implement the functionality in a way that is more
suitable for an onscreen keyboard.  One click sets sticky for one
click of a non sticky character, a further click sets sticky until a
third click.

  * The sticky keys dialogue is annoying.  A far better way would be
to enable it in the preferences, since you must to  enable assistive
technology support and be notified of it's act/deactivation by a
notification bubble.

  * This is not purely a a11y project.  It has other uses, tablet
pc's etc.  Therefore I wanted a soft dependency on assistive
technologies.

  * GOK's implentation is very unreliable on my system, and not
something I particularly want to emulate.

I know I should fix these gripes instead of treading my own path.
However, this is a Summer of Code project and so I need to produce the
expected results before a deadline.

In other words I cannot spend the summer making gnome-a11y suitable
for my needs.  What I need is a temporary work around until after the
SoC when I could find time to work on this aspect of gnome-a11y and
fix my program so it is not an "accessibility violation".

Thanks for your time.