Re: Fixing gnome-speech

On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 07:14:01PM EST, Tomas Cerha wrote:
> Hi Enrico,
>
> I'm currently working on Speech Dispatcher backend for Orca.  This
> bypasses the Gnome Speech layer completely.  Since Speech Dispatcher
> offers several speech synthesizers not supported by Gnome Speech,

Mind I ask when this is likely to be completed? We in the Ubuntu
accessibility team are intending to switch to orca as the primary screen
reader for Ubuntu, and would like to replace gnome-speech with
speech-dispatcher as the back-end of choice for speech output, due to a
few other things we have in the pipeline.

If you would like testers, I would be happy to put my hand up and try.

Thanks in advance.
--
Luke Yelavich
GPG key: 0xD06320CE