gnopernicus startup with ubuntu on live cd

Timing is everything here. What I found effective was to listen for the post test beep the computer makes as it's booting up and immediately after that beep hit f5 then hit the down-arrow key three times then hit enter twice. Then wait and I hear the gnome sound theme followed by disc action followed by a message saying welcome to gnopernicus and leaving me in the window with startup mode preferences defaults minimize about help and quit. I suppose I could try alt-f2 from here and type install <cr> and that might or might not start the installation process up I wasn't too clear on the explanation on the wiki earlier. Oh before I forget, what's espresso in the ubuntu context and how might it help with installs? We got one bad install last time because of grub and error 18 and if possible I'd like to avoid a repeat performance this time.