Re: Speech Dispatcher 0.6 & Festival Freebsoft Utils 0.6 released

>Anthony Ettinger píše v Čt 26. 01. 2006 v 13:55 -0800:
> I wasn't able to get speech-dispatcher to come up, is it a
> command-line only tool?
> I'm looking for an easy way to read web pages.

Speech Dispatcher is not a user application that you could directly
use to browse web pages. It's a server providing speech capabilities
for other applications to use.

If you are looking for a way how to read webpages, look for these
	1) w3m under Emacs + (speechd-el or emacspeak)
	2) Mozilla + gnopernicus

I think the first combinations are more mature since they have been
there for longer time and are well tested. However, they don't
support javascript and other more advanced features. Mozilla is
a superior web browser as w3m, but to my understanding it's
accessibility is still in developement.

Have a nice day,
Hynek