Re: **Fwd: Re[4]: Problems with gnome-speech

Roland Zitzke wrote:

Hi,

I would suspect the problem somewhere in the Corba mill. An interesting
question would be if this occurs only for 64 bit systems / kernels.

It seems so. I'm running ubuntu breezy for amd64, sorry forgot to
mention that.

I already pulled the gnome-speech sources and recompiled the package to make sure that the Distros don't have a "wrong file" bug, however this didn't help either.

Does anyone know an easy way to trace the data flowing accross the Corba interfaces (ORBIT)?

Not sure about 'easy', but you can compile Orbit2 with debugging turned on.

Configure with --enable-debug=yes; make; make install;
then run both client and server in an environment where ORBIT2_DEBUG is set to "traces" or some other legal value. Some previous discussion on various mailing lists:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/orbit-list/2003-March/msg00062.html
http://www.geocrawler.com/mail/msg_raw.php3?msg_id=10395479

Hope that helps,

Bill

My first guess for the problem would be one of those popular 32bittype-to-pointer conversions. I went through the speech driver code for festival but didn't find anything relevant.
/Roland