Re: [Kde-accessibility] KDE Accessibility - sorry, off topic.

On Thu, 2006-08-17 at 11:40, Olaf Jan Schmidt wrote:
> [ Bill Haneman ]
> > Olaf implied that there was a concern with XEvie "interfering" with the
> > core pointer.
>
> No, I meant to say that interfering with the core pointer is the intended
> behaviour for most use cases of on-screen keyboards - but not for all.

Actually, my point is that this affects ALL use cases of on-screen
keyboards.

So yes, 'interfering' in this way is desirable for all OSKs, not just a
few specialized ones.  Even the 'simple' use cases will exhibit
user-visible bugs if you use the core pointer in the 'usual' way.

Bill