KDE Accessibility - sorry, off topic.

Hello,

I'm sorry but out of curiosity I have a quick question.

>From looking at the KDETTS page shown below it looks like the plan is not to
necessarily have a screen reader for KDE but to try to get indevidual
application developers to include support for speech output via the KDETTS
sub-system. I may be reading that wrong. If so, could someone enlighten me?
It would seem like an absolutely crazy idea to go down that route so I'm
sure I'm missing something.

In case I'm not, How do the developers of KDETTS think that developers of
applications will know what information needs to be spoken in their
applications? Consistancy will go out the window!

http://accessibility.kde.org/developer/kttsd/
Quote from page:
It is hoped that more programmers will begin adding speech capabilities to
their KDE programs using KTTS. Eventually, when Qt 4 is distributed, it is
hoped that Screen Readers will be adapted to use KTTS.
End of quote.

Second quote:
Provide a lightweight and easily usable interface for applications to
generate speech output.
End of quote.

Quote 3:
KTTS -- KDE Text-to-Speech -- is a subsystem within the KDE desktop for
conversion of text to audible speech. KTTS is currently under development
and aims to become the standard subsystem for all KDE applications to
provide speech output.
End of quote.

Darragh Ó Héiligh
     Website development, Application and O/S Technical Support
     Website:   http://www.digitaldarragh.com
     Email:     d digitaldarragh com
     Tel:       +353-87-767-0464