Re: Gnome and support for the visually impaired

Hi,

Bill Haneman, le Thu 29 Sep 2005 15:39:57 +0100, a écrit :
> However this requires committment to testing, education of testers and
> integrators.  It also may mean integrating a Sun-mozilla instead of, or
> alongside, Firefox, etc.  To say that this cannot be done today is wrong
> in my view.

I'm not saying that. The current work should be advertised indeed.

> It is true that the end user experience may not be as good
> as JAWS+Windows for many users,

That's the problem here: a vast migration like the one at stake here is
a bit harsh for people, I can understand their unwillingness. Hopefully
there will be a long migration delay.

Most of these people just said "no", few people said "I'm ready to
cooperate".  Maybe what just needs be done here is to explain what "free
software" means: they can subscribe to gnome-accessibility-list and
express their needs.

Regards,
Samuel
(sorry for playing the pessimistic role, but I think such discussion
needs to take place here before talking with these people)