Re: Gnome 2.12 Live CD

Hi Petra,

in mail with en ther Subijekt you wrote somthings about Gnome 2.12
Live CD.

Is on this CD Gnopernicus and an TTS includet and their are working?
In other words can I use this Live CD working with either speech or an
breille display?

The GNOME 2.12 Live CD is mentioned as part of the GNOME 2.12 release page, at: http://www.gnome.org/start/2.12/ Specifically the bittorrent downloads for it are at: http://torrent.gnome.org/

I tried the English Live CD - based on Ubuntu by the way - on Thursday September 8th. I found to my disappointment that a number of things are broken in accessibility on it. Specifically the 'libatk-bridge' library is missing, which is required for GTK+ accessibility. Gnopernicus is there, but it can't read anything. Also I didn't see a working speech engine, but after the 'libatk-bridge' problem, I stopped poking around it aggressively. Also none of the accessibility themes are present.

I asked several folks who I thought were involved in creating the Live CD, and everyone seemed very willing to fix it. But unless I'm mistaken, from looking at the upload dates on the bittorrent page, that hasn't happened yet. I've already PINGed the folks once about this.

I promised to post a note here when I know that this is fixed!

Regards,

Peter Korn
Sun Accessibility team