-----Original Message-----
From: gnome-accessibility-list-bounces gnome org
[mailto:gnome-accessibility-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Edward
Catmur
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2005 8:24 PM
To: gnome-accessibility-list gnome org
Subject: Re: AccessX + GDM Accessible Login Success

On Mon, 2005-10-17 at 18:31 -0400, Jason Grieves wrote:
> I was curious if anyone knew about an OLD X server bug where MouseKeys in
> accessx do not "accelerate"  instead, once preseed down the mouse moves 1
> pixel, and when released it moves another pixel, reguardless of the amount

> of time it is "held down"  I have confirmed the values for acceleration
are
> there and work.  I found some old posts to similiar bugs, but they did not

> seem to have the same exact problem as this.  Has anyone encountered this
> before?

I can reproduce this here.

Steps:

1. Press Shift+NumLock to turn on MouseKeys.
2. Hold down arrow on numeric keypad. Pointer moves slowly.
3. Start a bare X server on another vt:
        $ Xorg :1
4. In the new, bare X server: press Shift+NumLock to turn on MouseKeys.
5. Hold down arrow on numeric keypad. Pointer accelerates (as it
should).
6. Run gnome-settings-daemon in the bare X server:
        $ DISPLAY=:1 gnome-settings-daemon
7. Switching back to the new X server, try MouseKeys again.
8. Pointer moves slowly and does not accelerate.

This is annoying indeed - hope a fix can be found.

Ed Catmur