Question Gnopernicus and Terminal

Hi,

I played around with the accesseble Live-CD from Luke. On this CD Gnopernicus dosen't work in the terminal.
On the other hand I read on this list things lik this:

Check before starting festival_client if festival is running in the
background:

ps aux|grep 'festival --server'

If not, start it:
festival --server&

Now I'm wondering how you work with the terminal without support of Gnopernicus. There are onny three Solution to tis questens.
1st all of you are fully sighed.
2th You need a fully sighed assistence or
3th Gnopernicus work wihthin the terninal on a real installation and caused only problems on the Live-CD

Wich of those ansers is the correkt?

Petra