Gnopernicus problem using a Braille Lite 40 with BRLAPI

Hi.  I have a Braille Lite 40 connected to the system using com 1.  I'm
using brltty 3.6.1.

Gnopernicus has the following error in my .xsession-errors file

BrlAPI detected a 40x1 display
Error: Illegal instruction on IgnoreKeyRange request:
 0  f 21  0  0  f 21 ff
  application finalize called

  At this point, Gnopernicus exits.  I'm running Gnopernicus 0.10.0.

  I notice when I first switch to the console with gdm, I get garbage
  chars on the braille display followed by the cursor.  This has already
  happened before Gnopernicus starts.

  Is this problem already reported?  If not, what should I do to try to
  debug it?

  Thanks in advance.
            Kenny