Re: Problem with running festival driver for gnome-speech

Anditya said:

When I try to do test-speech, it is not able to start it by saying "No
server selected".

From this, and the other error message, it sounds as though ORBit2 is not installed.  You need libbonobo and ORBit2 in order to use speech (or any GNOME accessibility, in fact).  This is a bit strange since libbonobo and ORBit2 are 'standard' parts of the GNOME desktop and are required by things other than accessibility...

This makes me wonder if you have installed *any* of the accessibility support packages other than gnopernicus... you need
atk
at-spi
gail
libgail-gnome
libbonobo
ORBit2 gnome-speech

and some others as well (the "others" are likely to be installed if your GNOME desktop works at all).

I have read on this list, that the next step is to
run
festival-synthesis-driver directly and it gives an error message that
relocation error:/usr/lib/libgnomespeech.so.6: undefined symbol:
ORBit_skel_class_register.

regards

Bill