Re: two browsers about to be deleted and excluded

Hi Reinout,

Epiphany however is part of the GNOME project, and I'm happy to hear that
you found it at least marginally more accessible than firefox. However,
like Christian Persch already mentioned in his post from June 17th, and
myself in November last year, the GNOME developers need help making the
web- and help browser, both using the Mozilla rendering engine, more
accessible. A key question here is if the a11y fixes from the Sun
Mozilla-tree have been merged into the codebase for the next Mozilla
version. Thus far, it seems no one can answer that question, unfortunately.

We would like nothing better than to produce a perfectly accessible
browser, but we do need feedback from the a11y community to get there.

I understand from our accessibility engineers in Beijing that most, but not all, of the Mozilla accessibility patches in our branch have made it back to CVS. I'm sorry, I don't have a final percentage, or list of them. Part of the issue is that we branched a while ago (1.7), and so a number of the patches need significant re-work.

Regards,

Peter Korn
Sun Accessibility team