Re: gnopernicus on debian running 2.6.8?

Oops, I meant to send this to the list.

I think I finally found the cause of your problem.  Gnome-speech uses a Festival server
 rather than running Festival every time it sends a command or running it in
 batch mode.  Therefore, unless you explicitly give permission for localhost to
 access the Festival server, Gnopernicus will never speak.  In debian, the
 attached festival.scm placed in /etc should fix this problem.

 HTH,
 Lorenzo
--
;; Any site-wide Festival initialization can be added to this file.
;; It is marked as a configuration file, so your changes will be saved