proper debian gnopernicus installation question

Given a clean hard drive and a debian sarge speakup installation from the CD only as the first part of the install, what would be the list of packages to install as prerequisites for gnopernicus and what would the installatioon order properly be? I think the problem I'm having over here is that the wrong installation order was used because although gnopernicus installed it needed at-spi and then startx was missing a configuration file. I chose sawfish for a server since there appears to be some support for it in emacspeak and I have emacspeak and flite able to work on this system. I think I can fix that if need be but am not interested in going any further with gnopernicus without being able to find any lit torches in this passageway.