Re: Magnifier in GNOME

Hi �vind,

To echo what Dragan wrote, gnome-mag is a "magnification service". It does the magnification work, but has no real user interface (besides some command line options). It also doesn't know how to track the text caret or widget focus. For that you need an end-user client application, such as the Gnopernicus screen reader/magnifier, which will do a very nice job of driving gnome-mag.

Regards,

Peter Korn
Sun Accessibility team

Dragan Sarbut wrote:
Hello,
If you chose to work with gnome-mag, you should try using gnopernicus.
Gnopernicus is a client for gnome-mag and allows you to choose the
magnification level, mouse tracking mode , focus tracjking mode, etc.
Regards, Dragan