Re: cut and paste in gnome-terminal

Hi Kenny:

...I should clarify what I mean by "cut and paste".  I'm interested in
pasting data from one app in a gnome-terminal to another gnome app.
In some cases you could probably use shell commands to help pipe or redirect the output to a file. In the case of mutt, you could use mutt's "pipe-message" command (default keybinding '|') to redirect output of one or more marked messages to some other application. I am guessing there's a nice way to read mail using that feature, if we can figure out the right gnome and/or shell commands to pipe to.

I believe orca has a 'read all' feature that may allow you to read whole messages from evolution, balsa, or mozilla, if you are in the message pane.

One last point - in general in GNOME, control-C is the keybinding for copy, and control-V pastes, so if you can select text (using the select all shortcut, for instance), then you can paste it with control-V. A few applications use some other keybinding instead, for instance emacs uses Meta-W and Control-Y, but it's not really a 'GNOME' app).

- Bill

An example would be copying text from mutt to a gnome app.  Unless
things have changed recently with balsa, Gnome email clients don't have
a way to read the entire message without reading line by line.  That
approach is just to slow to be useful.  I can have the text of a message
read to me when I use mutt in a gnome terminal.  Problem is I can't copy
data easily from mutt to another app.

         Kenny