Re: shut-up key

Kenny mentioned remapping control-S as the gnopernicus shutup key.
Actually gnopernicus already has a shutup key by default, which is mapped to the left control key. I don't know why that was not working for Kenny.

There were a couple of recently-fixed bugs relating to "shutup not working" in the terminal, so if other people are having problems with shutup, they might be seeing those bugs. It should not be necessary to remap the shutup command, as far as I know, using the most recent gnopernicus builds.

- Bill

Hi.  I think it might be possible to remap Gnopernicus keys off the
keypad.  In preferences keyboard mapping, you can remofe all the keys
from the keypad and add them as user defined keys.  It will take some
time and thought, but it might work.  The big question is where to map
them.  When you use keys on the main keyboard, you risk loosing those
functions.

Btw, one nice result of this is I now have a "shut up" key.  Until now,
gnome-terminal was a real pain when it would read the entire screen.
With festival, I couldn't shut it up.  For now, I mapped control-s to be
my "shut up" key.

         Kenny