Re: cut and paste in gnome-terminal

Mario Lang Wrote

We will
 need mouse motion at some point anyway (some windows apps come to mind,
where
 the only way around certain accessibility problems is to go and use
> the mouse somehow).  I kind of like the approach that JAWS
 is taking here, you can switch between two cursors, the
 editing cursor, and the mouse.  If you are in mouse mode, your arrow
 keys move the mouse, and the display (braille or speech) follows.

Agreed. The one reason I use Window Eyes in MS Windows is that it has
excelant mouse tracking and movement ability from the keyboard. I know that
the GAP project would like to avoid mouse usage by creating hot keys to
handle most functions. However, there are times that being able to control
the mouse pointer via the keyboard is a must.
Some advantages to mouse control with feedback is an understanding of the
layout of the window or windows on the screen. Being able to move to an area
on the screen that is not totally accessible. Copying and pasting text in
areas like Gnome Terminal where there is no standard way to do it via the
keyboard.
Actually, since using Window Eyes, and how they handle the mouse I have
gotten quite good at moving around windows using the mouse, pointing, and
clicking and I do like it somewhat.
In short, by all means Gnopernicus and Gnome need good hot keys to do most
things without a mouse. However, Gnopernicus needs good mouse emulation so
that those of us who would like to move the mouse pointer around, click, as
a sighted person would is also necessary.