Re: dwell selection?

Olaf Schmidt wrote:

[Richard Smith, Dienstag, 1. Februar 2005 01:31]
I would like to switch from Mac OS X to use Gnome on GNU/Linux, but I
require dwell selection in the desktop and all X applications.  Is there
any application will can provide this?

Yes, you can use KMousetool, which is part of the kdeaccessibility package. It supports drag-and-drop or mouse gestures for emulating right mouse clicks.

It works for all X applications. I think it even integrates into the GNOME desktop by using the freedesktop.org specification for system tray application, but I haven't verified this myself.

Olaf

Richard, it would be great to know if you are successful using GOK with KMousetool.  It might be the case that you would want to change to "Direct" mode while using KMousetool...

good luck,

David Bolter
GOK