Re: Mozilla 1.7 and SuSE 9.3

Hi,
On Wed, 2005-08-17 at 09:20 +0100, Darragh wrote:
> Morning,
>
> I am atempting to install Mozilla 1.7 on a SuSE 9.3 installation however it displays errors during make about incorrect or missing libraries.  Is there a later version of Mozilla which works with Gnopernicus and is the package available as RPM?  I'm hoping that if its available in RPM it will tell me exactly what its missing.

If you really want to build from source, not necessary, you should
install the Gnome development system. I don't know if Suse has an option
for this in YAST, but that is the majority of the packages you will
need.

> I read the list archive about installing 1.7 written by Thomas ward some time ago which was very helpful. It was written for a Fedora Core user and the --prefix was set to /usr. is this not /opt/ in SuSE 9.3?

Most rpm based distributions I know of Mandrake Fedora, etc use /usr as
the target prefix for packages. I don't assume Suse is much different.
However, if you want to get the Linux tarball of the lates Sun Mozilla
you can unpack it in /opt/mozilla and be on your way in minutes.
I don't suggest compiling from source unless you wish to make a Suse
package. Just grab the Fedora tarball of the April Sun Mozilla, unpack
it in /opt, make a luancher for it, and you will be on the web soon.