Re: Change festival voice in gnopernicus or gnome-speech

Zsolnai Laszlo wrote:

Hello,

In any case it was a big impulse for me. The result is, that we will
start with developing a pluggin for Gnome speech which will communicate
to Speech dispatcher as its client via SSIP. I hope that can bring a big
profit.

Currently gnome-speech can handle "only" software text-to-speech engines.

There is no reason why a hardware driver cannot be written for gnome-speech. There are some minor technical issues regarding shared access to a hardware engine, but I believe they are solvable.

- Bill

As I know, speech-dispatcher is able to serve software and hardware solutions too. So in this way it would be possible to use gnopernicus with hardware devices. I think, this is a very good idea.

Best regards,

Laszlo