Re: Change festival voice in gnopernicus or gnome-speech

    BH> Jan Buchal wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I would like use gnopernicus with Czech festival voice. In
    >> gnopernicus setting I do not find any possibility change it. The
    >> gnopernicus offer two English voice only. However my festival use
    >> more as these voices. Spanish an Czech for example. What i need
    >> setup in gnopernicus or festival?
    >>

    BH> The issue is in gnome-speech's festival driver, which currently
    BH> only recognizes two voices. See bugzilla bug 141516; Fernando
    BH> Herrera was working on a patch to make gnome-speech's festival
    BH> driver automatically recognize all installed voices, but I
    BH> haven't heard from him about that patch in awhile.

    BH> However, in the meantime you could add the voice yourself by
    BH> modifying the gnome-speech driver, similar to what Fernando did
    BH> in this patch:
    BH> http://bugzilla.gnome.org/attachment.cgi?id=37094&action=view

    BH> The patch above includes the fix for passing UTF8 strings to
    BH> festival, which has been applied to cvs, so you would not need
    BH> the whole patch, I only provide it as an example of how you
    BH> could "hard-code" new voices into an existing gnome-speech
    BH> festival driver.

Thanks very much. It is not easy way. :-) I will test it.

In any case it was a big impulse for me. The result is, that we will
start with developing a pluggin for Gnome speech which will communicate
to Speech dispatcher as its client via SSIP. I hope that can bring a big
profit.

Best regards

--

Jan Buchal