Re: Change festival voice in gnopernicus or gnome-speech

Jan Buchal wrote:

Hello,

I would like use gnopernicus with Czech festival voice. In gnopernicus
setting I do not find any possibility change it. The gnopernicus offer
two English voice only. However my festival use more as these voices.
Spanish an Czech for example. What i need setup in gnopernicus or
festival?
The issue is in gnome-speech's festival driver, which currently only recognizes two voices. See bugzilla bug 141516; Fernando Herrera was working on a patch to make gnome-speech's festival driver automatically recognize all installed voices, but I haven't heard from him about that patch in awhile.

However, in the meantime you could add the voice yourself by modifying the gnome-speech driver, similar to what Fernando did in this patch:
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/attachment.cgi?id=37094&action=view

The patch above includes the fix for passing UTF8 strings to festival, which has been applied to cvs, so you would not need the whole patch, I only provide it as an example of how you could "hard-code" new voices into an existing gnome-speech festival driver.

regards

Bill

Thanks for help.