license for dasher

Using the dasher 3.2.4 code found at anoncvs.gnome.org:/cvs/gnome, I was
looking for the license in the file COPYING but I did not find it. The
file AUTHORS says "all files are copyright their respective authors";
however, only David Ward and Iain Murray have included copyrights in
dashercore and win32.  Unfortunately I don't see a license in any source
files?  Is the code intended to be open source?  Legally, each source
file should have a copyright with a short license at the top.  The
toplevel COPYING file should have the complete license.

For example, Sun Microsystems did an excellent job documenting their
copyright and use of the LGPL license:

http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gail/COPYING

http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gail/gail/gailobject.c

FYI, I looked at the licenses for at-spi, atk, gail, gnopernicus,
gnome-mag, gnome-speech, orca, and gok.  They are all LGPL according to
the file COPYING found in their toplevel source directory.

--
George (gk4)