Re: Mozilla nightmares, or have i missed something obvious?

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 05:33:08AM EST, Krister Ekstrom wrote:
> Hi  gnome-accessibility-list,
>
>   I'm trying to use the Sun Mozilla 1.7 accessible browser package but
>   am having some problems that i don't know how to solve.
>   When i start the program all goes well and i am on the Sun home
>   page, however as soon as i try opening the dialog to go to another
>   location or do anything else for that matter, Mozilla just crashes.
>   I don't see any error messages or anything, Mozilla just gives up
>   and throws me out on the desktop. I haven't compiled the build
>   myself, i got a pre-compiled version in a tar ball. I'm running this
>   on Debian Unstable with Gnome 2.8. Has anyone else experienced
>   something like this?

This is just a guess, but since you are using a pre-compiled version,
there are probably problems against the libraries you are using in
Debian unstable. From memory, the pre-compiled version was built
against an RPM based distro. If you feel confident enough, I suggest
building from source and seeing if that makes a difference.

Luke