Re: Removing gthtml2 (was Proposed modules for 2.10 wanted NOW)

On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 09:20, Bill Haneman wrote:
> Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> > 	I thought this had happened before now - I was confusing yelp with
> > devhelp, though. So, for anyone else who doesn't know, 2.9.1 was the
> > first yelp release using gecko.
> >

> >>Please DONT do this; if you use the gecko component, the help system
> >>become inaccessible.
> >

> > 	Its an unfortunate regression in accessibility given the amount of work
> > done on gtkhtml2 accessibility, but you would agree that its the way
> > forward, right? You would agree that maintaining one less html renderer
> > (and the accessibility support therein) is good, right?
>
> Only when the remaining html renderer is substantially accessible.  That
> is not yet the case, and I don't see a committment in the GNOME
> community to make sure this happens for 2.10.

Oh come on.  From my previous email[1] (which you haven't replied to):

    I've put a lot of work into making Yelp respect theme and font
    settings, and it's better in that respect than it's ever been
    before.

When I said "a lot of work", I didn't mean "a little work, but I'll
exaggerate to make myself look good."  From my gnome-doc-utils proposal
on desktop-devel-list[2]:

    There are a few known accessibility problems with the HTML produced
    by the stylesheets.  These, in turn, affect accessibility for Yelp.
    I'm firmly committed to working with our accessibility team to
    produce the most accessible documentation system possible.

So I'll ask again what I asked in my previous email (which, remember,
you haven't replied to):

    Could you tell me exactly what accessibility problems Gecko has?

Very few of the Gnome hackers know the accessibility infastructure as
well as you.  I need you to tell me what needs to be done.  Otherwise,
there's no way I can do it.

Tell me what's broken, and I'll do my best to fix it.

[1]
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-hackers/2004-November/msg00006.html
[2]
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2004-October/msg00489.html