Re: hardware synthesisers.

At 02:39 AM 7/05/2004, Bill Haneman wrote:
The primary challenge is the need to support "end of speech" notification from such a driver; I am not familiar enough with the existing hardware to know how feasible that would be.

I think this is the big issue. It is fine to support things like Emacspeak servers, and speech dispatcher, but they may not all support things such as end of speech notification like Bill said, as well as speech interrupt, and markers.

For example, Festival can work with Gnopernicus, but doesn't support such things AFAIK.

Luke