Re: trying to get speech working with slackware 9.1

Hi Andrew
You will very likely have to re-compile gnome-speech, as Slackware's gnome-speech doesn't have any other drivers compiled other than festival. I suggest you go to the Slackware FTP site, and grab the tarball and the build script for gnome-speech, and use that.

hth

Luke