gnopernicus and applications; which one do you recommend?

Hi folks,
I have been trying to figure out a meaningful way of using gnome and
gnopernicus.  All of what I was able to do so far is to tab around the
desktop.  I have not managed to use any application successfully.  Even the
help screens, all of what I get when I hit enter on the icons, the next
screen would only give me, next, previous, contents, etc. but no substantive
txt help to read.  Is there an application that is reasonably accessible
with gnopernicus which I may start with in order to learn how to use this
GUI program?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Cris